Your June quarter superannuation guarantee contribution is due soon
Prepare now for your quarterly superannuation guarantee (SG) contribution lodgement.
Most superannuation clearing houses (including SuperStream compliant software companies) require payment by the 14th of the month in order to distribute the funds to the relevant super funds for each employee. If you use the ATO Small business Clearing House (SBSCH) you have until the 28th to lodge and pay.
July is a good time to review all payroll transactions for the financial year. You may have already done this as part of the annual payment summary process.
Here’s what you need to review:
- Have you allocated all payroll related bank transactions to the correct accounts?
- Have you checked for errors such as duplicate pay runs?
- Have you checked that all payroll categories used this quarter have had super correctly applied or excluded?
- Have you checked superannuation accrual reports for accuracy?
- Do you have any salary sacrifice amounts to include?
- Have you had to make any termination payments this quarter? If so, check which payroll categories have super calculated or exempted.
- Do you have complete and up-to-date contact details and a super choice form for all employees?
Checking the figures thoroughly each quarter ensures that you report and pay accurate amounts for each employee. You will also have a more accurate picture of your superannuation liability and be able to plan accordingly.
REMEMBER: To make your payments on time to avoid penalties.
Superannuation calculations can be difficult if your payroll software is not set up for correct accruals. Talk to us. We can help review your super setup and the SG accounts used in your accounting software.
If you need help with payroll or Need some solid advice? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a consultation. Get in touch and we’ll take it over from there!